- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced roast turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced boiled or roasted potatoes
- 1 cup diced cooked butternut squash
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions and peppers for 6-8 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the spices and sauté for another minute. Add the potatoes, squash and turkey. Switch the burner to high heat.
- Slightly mash the mixture in the skillet and let it brown for several minutes before stirring. Slightly mash the mixture again, and let sit for another few minutes to continue browning thoroughly.
- Add the water and scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook another minute until the water is absorbed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a fried egg and a drizzle of leftover gravy, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe by grocery.coop.
You can also make a vegetarian version using just leftover veggies.
Share this Recipe