- 4-6 turkey legs
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary, torn in half
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and then sliced
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- ½ Tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash and dry all produce and prep ingredients.
- In a small bowl, melt butter using the microwave or stove. Add olive oil, brown sugar, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, 1 tsp. lemon zest and a generous pinch of salt and pepper to the butter and mix until incorporated.
- Remove turkey legs from the package and place on a cutting board or bowl. Using both hands, thoroughly rub the mixture on the turkey legs until well coated. Rub under the skin and on the creases as well. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- While the turkey legs marinate, spread the onion slices, lemon slices and rosemary sprigs evenly on the bottom of a roasting dish or baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Once turkey legs are done marinating, heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear turkey legs in batches, about two to three at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Repeat as needed.
- Transfer to the prepared roasting dish or baking sheet. Add 3/4 cup water to the skillet to deglaze and scrape using a wooden spoon. Add pan juices to turkey legs.
- Cover with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven. Roast for 25-30 min. and remove foil. Cook another 10-15 min. until fully cooked (160°F) and golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve on top of rice or mashed potatoes with your favorite green or salad!
Recipe by East Side Table. East Side Table is comprised of 13 community organizations working together to make cooking at home easier for our East Saint Paul community. By empowering individuals to improve food skills, awareness, and access to healthy foods, we can also improve the overall health and well-being of the East Side.
Share this Recipe