- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 3 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Fill a large bowl or pot with half ice and half water. When the water comes to a boil, add the broccoli florets using a strainer with a handle if possible. Allow the broccoli to cook for 1 to 2 minutes until just tender. Immediately remove from the boiling water, using the strainer or draining, and transfer to bowl of ice to stop the cooking process. Immerse the broccoli completely in the ice water for a minute or two. Remove and place in a dish that has been lined with paper towels. This part can be done up to two days in advance.
- In a cup or small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese and brown sugar; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Throw in the broccoli and season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir to coat the broccoli, then cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and dust with the Parmesan cheese mixture.
Share this Recipe