- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tube polenta, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 lb. oyster mushrooms, torn into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced onions and stir. Season with a pinch of sea salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring every few minutes until golden brown, for about 30 minutes.
- Once caramelized, add vegetable stock to deglaze the pan. Add mushrooms and garlic and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are browned and tender, about 6 minutes. Simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Sear polenta rounds in 1 Tbsp. olive oil and season each side with freshly cracked pepper. Cook polenta until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Top polenta with mushroom mixture and fresh parsley. Serve warm.
Photo credit: Amanda Paa, Heartbeet Kitchen
Share this Recipe