- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet. Saute cabbage and carrots until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 coconut oil in a smaller skillet, saute onion and garlic until translucent. Add shrimp. Cook until pink.
- Mix stock, oyster sauce, and soy sauce together in a bowl.
- Bring 2 cups of the sauce mixture to a boil, add rice, cover, and lower heat to simmer until rice is cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked, add it to the cabbage mixture. Add in the shrimp mixture. Stir and sauté about 2 minutes. Add the rest of the sauce ½ cup at a time.
- Stir in cilantro.
Adapted from foodwinethyme.com
Share this Recipe