Star Prairie Trout Farms offers luscious smoked rainbow trout in the meat department. These deeply flavored little fish fillets turn this springtime frittata into a special dish—perfect for Easter, Passover, or Mother's Day.
- 4 thin young asparagus spears
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup smoked trout, crumbled or slivered
- 2 Tbsp butter, unsalted or olive oil
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped use both green and white portions
- 3 Tbsp young goat cheese, crumbled
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 1–2 minutes, or microwave, tightly covered, for 40 seconds. Immediately run under cold water to stop further cooking, then pat dry.
- Beat eggs, cream, and pepper together; add trout.
- Melt butter or add olive oil in preheated, heavy 10½-inch skillet (cast iron's the best for this) on MEDIUM; then add scallions and stir until softened.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW, and add eggs. Cook until edges and bottom feel firm when nudged with a spatula and top is still unset. Cut the asparagus spears crosswise into 1-inch lengths, and scatter them across the frittata. Sprinkle on the goat cheese.
- Move the skillet under the preheated broiler and cook until eggs are visibly set and cheese has melted somewhat.
Share this Recipe