- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat over to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a muffin tin.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk together.
- Cut butter into flour mixture and mix with hands to incorporate. Add raisins and continue hand mixing.
- Pour buttermilk into the flour mixture and use a wooden spoon to mix it in.
- Use hands to form a dough ball.
- Divide flour mixture into muffin tin. Place in oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and place biscuits on a rack to cool. Serve with butter or jam.
Recipe adapted from simplyrecipes.com
Share this Recipe