- 4 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 Tbsp prepared salsa
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Scoop the flesh out of the zucchini halves. Gently squeeze it to extract any excess liquid, then dice about a cup of the flesh to use for the filling.
- Cook the zucchini boats cut side down on an oiled sheet pan for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the boats over.
- While zucchini is cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the red pepper, green onions and zucchini flesh for 3-5 minutes. Add the ground cumin, salsa, and black beans and cook another minute. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese, salt, pepper, and hot sauce if using.
- Evenly distribute the filling mixture between the zucchini boats. Return the filled boats to the oven and bake for 10-12 more minutes until cheese is melted.
Share this Recipe