- 2 medium bell peppers, tops cut and seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling water, parboil the peppers until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and dry on paper towels.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the pork, garlic, parsley, paprika, salt, black pepper, and pepper flakes. Cook until the meat is browned, stirring with a heavy wooden spoon to break up the lumps, about 6 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and tomato sauce and stir well. Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Pour enough water into a baking dish to just cover the bottom, about 1/8-inch deep. Stuff the bell peppers with the rice mixture and place in the baking dish. Bake until the peppers are very tender and the filling is heated through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Top peppers with shredded cheese before placing in the oven for a tasty twist on this recipe.
Share this Recipe