- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed, cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Oil a 9 x 5 loaf pan (or line with parchment paper).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, allspice and cinnamon together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the sugars and vegetable oil until the sugars are dissolved and smooth. Add the vanilla and mashed sweet potatoes and blend well. Stir in half of the flour mixture.
- Add the water and eggs and stir well. Add the remaining flour mixture and blend well. Pour into the loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour. Test for doneness by poking the center of the loaf with a skewer or toothpick. The skewer should come out clean.
- Let the loaf rest for about 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan. Slice and enjoy!
This quick bread goes well with milk, chai or coffee as a mid-day treat. Try a slice with a smear of cream cheese and some fresh fruit for breakfast.
Recipe from grocery.coop. Find recipes and articles about your food and where it comes from at grocery.coop.
Share this Recipe