- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 15 oz. can coconut milk
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 medium lime
- 1-2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 cups dark leafy greens (spinach, kale, etc.)
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry all produce. Peel, then dice sweet potato (or scrub and leave skin on) into 1/2 inch pieces. Tear cilantro leaves and tender stems. Cut lime into fourths.
- Place rice, 1 1/2 cups water, and a pinch of salt and pepper in your medium pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 25-30 minutes until tender. Fluff with fork. While rice is cooking, begin curry. Note: if rice has absorbed the water and is not fully cooked after 25-30 min, add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes longer.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in large pot over medium heat. Add red curry paste and granulated garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until very aromatic. Add sweet potatoes and sauté another 2-3 minutes until incorporated.
- Add coconut milk, 2 cups water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and broth has reduced and thickened. Remove from heat fold greens into curry to wilt and incorporate.
- Divide rice between bowls, top with sweet potato curry and garnish with cilantro. Serve with a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Recipe sourced from Local Crate and adapted by local partner, East Side Table.
Share this Recipe