- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. red chili garlic sauce
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 whole green onions, green part chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup extra fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- Cook the rice according to the package.
- While the rice cooks heat the 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and add the onion, sautéing for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and the green peppers and continue to sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, cooking 3-5 minutes or until the turkey is browned.
- Then add fresh lime juice, ginger, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix the rice into the turkey mixture along with the fresh cilantro and green onions and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Thai turkey mixture with crisp bibb lettuce and extra cilantro, matchstick carrots and unsalted peanuts for garnish.
Recipe adapted from acedarspoon.com
Share this Recipe