- 3 tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh chevre
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, chopped
- 5 Tbsp water
- To make dough, combine flour, sugar and sea salt in a food processor and pulse to mix. Add in butter and water and pulse until all ingredients are well mixed. Dump mixture onto lightly floured surface and gather into a ball. Flatten into a disc with rolling pin and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Alternatively, you may use pre-made frozen puff pastry sheets to minimize prep time.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a rimmed baking sheet inside oven to preheat. Butter a tart pan and set aside.
- Place chilled dough or puff pastry sheets into buttered tart pan pressing into sides. Trim off excess.
- Slice tomatoes and sprinkle with sea salt. Mince herbs and cut chevre. Arrange sliced tomatoes and chevre in tart pan. Top with minced herbs. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on freshly ground pepper. Place pan on baking sheet in oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly golden and chevre has begun to slightly brown.
- Remove tart from oven and let cool for 10 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe