- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance or vegan butter substitute
- 1/3 cup non-dairy cream (you can use soy sour cream or yogurt)
- 1/4-1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and pour in the cubed potatoes. Cook these until they’re fork-tender, then drain well in a colander.
- While the potatoes are draining, saute the cabbage/kale, and half the green onions in vegan butter. Add the non-dairy milk, and simmer on low-medium heat until the cabbage is tender. If you’re using kale, you might need a bit longer, and may need to add a bit more milk if it evaporates too much.
- Place the drained potatoes in a large bowl, and use a potato masher to mash them up good n’proper. Add the sauteed cabbage mixture and the non-dairy cream, and stir thoroughly. If you like, you can use an immersion blender to puree 1/3 of it or so and then use a spoon or spatula to combine it all into a rich, creamy, delicious mess. Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with the remaining chopped onions, and even some shredded raw cabbage.
recipe from inhabitat.com
Share this Recipe