- 4 baking potatoes
- 2 Tbsp margarine or vegan butter substitute
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 block tofu, cubed
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Cook the potatoes either in the oven or the microwave, then mash them up with the soy milk, margarine, and pepper. Don’t fret if things are a bit dry. You’ll be adding some broth in just a few minutes!
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and saute the tofu and mushrooms for a couple of minutes, then add the broth, peas, and carrots. Simmer until the mushrooms soften. Preheat your oven to 400.
- Scoop out about half of the liquid from the pan and add it to your potatoes. Mash them up a bit more, then spread half of the potato mixture evenly on the bottom of an oiled 8X8″ baking dish.
- Add the veggies and the rest of the liquid from the pan, then spread the remaining potatoes over the top of the veggies. Sprinkle your nutritional yeast on top, then bake for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes brown. Serve!
Share this Recipe