While we choose each and every item in our stores with care, we’re not immune to food “issues” either. We have a strict recall procedure in place and will list any of our products that have been recalled here. You can also find active product recalls on the FDA’s recall webpage.
If you are a member-owner and a product you recently purchased is affected by a Class 1 recall, we will call you with a notification. Any recalled product purchased at Mississippi Market should be returned to us for a full refund.
If you suspect you have become ill due to a food borne illness, we encourage you to visit your health care provider for diagnosis and to call the Minnesota Department of Health’s hotline at 1-877-FOOD-ILL or email them about your situation. They will notify us so that we can initiate the recall process, if needed.
Recall of Watermelon Water
Affect UPC: 852921005004
- World Waters, LLC has voluntarily recalled Watermelon Water Original. This recall has been initiated due to the discovery of the potential presence of soft plastic that may be loosely floating in the finished product. While no adverse events associated with the products have been reported to date, the presence of the plastic could potentially be a chocking hazard. Out of an abundance of caution and to ensure consumer safety, the products have been recalled. No affected product was found on the shelves at our East 7th store. Affected product was pulled from the shelves at our Selby and West 7th stores.
Recall of Stacy’s Simply Naked Pita Chips
Affected UPCs: 028400564632, 028400586726
- Frito-Lay has initiated a voluntary recall of 7 1/3 oz. bags of Stacy’s Simply Naked Pita Chips because they may contain undeclared milk ingredients. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume the product contained inside the recalled bags. No affected product was found on the shelves of our Selby or East 7th stores. Affected product was pulled from the shelves at our West 7th store.
Update to Recall of RXBAR Protein Bars
RXBAR Maple Sea Salt Protein Bar – 857777-00409
RXBAR Blueberry Protein Bar – 857777-004263
RXBAR Chocolate Sea Salt Protein Bar – 857777-004300
RXBAR Chocolate Coconut Protein Bar – 857777-004287
RXBAR Mixed Berry Protein Bar – 857777-004706
RXBAR Pumpkin Spice Protein Bar – 857777-004256
- RXBAR has expanded the scope of their voluntary recall because of the potential for the presence of undeclared peanuts. As such, the FDA has requested RXBAR to proceed with a Class I recall. The expanded recall was initiated by RXBAR out of an abundance of caution after receiving consumer contacts regarding allergic reactions to additional varieties not listed in the December recall. Affected product was pulled from the shelves at our East and West 7th store.
Recall of RXBAR Protein Bars
RXBAR Chocolate Sea Salt Protein Bar – 857777-004300, 857777-04485
RXBAR Chocolate Coconut Protein Bar – 857777-004287
- RXBAR has voluntarily recalled a number of their Chocolate Sea Salt and Chocolate Coconut protein bars. RXBAR identified the potential for trace amounts of undeclared peanuts in Chocolate Sea Salt and Coconut Chocolate varieties with best-by dates between June 10, 2019 and June 17, 2019. No affected product was sold at any of our stores and none was found on our shelves. Affected back stock has been pulled.
Recall of Alaffia Fermented Coconut Oil
Affected UPC: 841320107518
- Alaffia has voluntarily recalled their 11 oz. fermented coconut oil due to incorrect labeling. The product used was incorrectly labeled as fermented coconut oil, as it was unrefined virgin coconut oil that was used. There are no health or safety risks associated with this recall. However, the product color and smell may vary from Alaffia’s standard fermented coconut oil product. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at our East 7th and Sleby stores. No affected product was found at our West 7th store.
Recall of Lotus Foods, Inc. Noodle Cups
Affected UPCs: 229251 (Lotus Rice Ramen Brown Rice Miso), 229252 (Lotus Rice Ramen Brown Rice Tomato), 229253 (Lotus Rice Ramen Brown Rice Curry)
- Louts Foods, Inc. has voluntarily recalled three varieties of their Noodle Cups in conjunction with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. There is a potential microwave fire hazard with the packaging of the noodle products. Lotus Foods has received nine reports of the noodle cups sparking or catching fire during microwaving. One injury for a minor burn has been reported. Reported damage has been limited to the noodle cups. Product has been pulled from the shelves of our Selby store. Members who purchased affected product have been contacted.
Recall of MediNatura Inc. Clearlife Sprays & Syrups
Affected UPCs: 787647101863 (Clearlife Reboost Nasal Spray, 0.65oz.), 787647300969 (Clearlife Reboost Throat Spray, 0.68oz), 787647704040 (Clearlife Reboost Cough Syrup, 4.23oz.)
- MediNatura Inc. is voluntarily recalling some production lots of 4 of its OTC aqueous-based products within expiry due to possible microbial contamination. Administration or use of drug products with microbial contamination could potentially result in increased infections that may require medical intervention. To date, MediNatura has not received any reports of illness or injury. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at our West 7th, Selby, and East 7th stores.
Recall of Califia Mocha Cold Brew Coffee
Affected UPC: 124806-852909003503 (sell by date 6/6/2018 to 8/25/2018)
- Califia Farms identified a food safety issue that resulted in the voluntary Class II recall of a limited amount of their 48oz. Mocha Cold Brew Coffee. The assignable root cause has been identified and resolved. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at our East 7th store. No affected product was found at our Selby or West 7th stores.
Recall of Vanilla Almond Breeze Almond Milk
Affected UPC: 054065-41570005621 (sell by date of September 2, 2018)
- HP Hood LLC is voluntarily recalling a limited number of half-gallon (64oz.) cartons of refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk because the product may contain milk, an allergen not listed on the label. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. The product is safe to consume unless you have a milk allergy or sensitivity. To date, there has been only one report of an allergic reaction, which did not require medical treatment or hospitalization. No affected product has been found on the shelves at any Mississippi Market location.