While we choose each and every item in our stores with care, we’re not immune to food “issues” either. We have a strict recall procedure in place and will list any of our products that have been recalled here. You can also find active product recalls on the FDA’s recall webpage.
If you are a member-owner and a product you recently purchased is affected by a Class 1 recall, we will call you with a notification. Any recalled product purchased at Mississippi Market should be returned to us for a full refund.
If you suspect you have become ill due to a foodborne illness, we encourage you to visit your health care provider for diagnosis and to report it to the Minnesota Department of Health by calling 1-877-FOOD-ILL, submitting an online Foodborne and Waterborne Illness Report, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. They will notify us so that we can initiate the recall process, if needed.
Recall of Alexia Organic Hash Browns
Affected UPC: 83418300303
Lamb Weston has issued a voluntary recall on limited 16 oz. packages of Alexia Organic Hashed Browns due to the potential presence of Listeria monocytogenes. Affected product has been pulled from our East 7th store, and there is no affected product at our West 7th or Selby locations. Co-op member-owners who purchased the item will be notified. If you purchased this product, please return it to the co-op for a full refund.
Recall of Crown Prince Smoked Baby Clams
Affected UPC: 0007323000853
Crown Prince, Inc. has issued a voluntary recall of its canned Smoked Baby Clams in Olive Oil because FDA testing found detectable levels of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). No illnesses have been reported to date. Affected product has been pulled from our Selby store, and there was no affected product at our West 7th or East 7th locations. If you purchased this item, please return it to the co-op for a full refund.
Recall of Culina Yogurt
- Plain, UPC 0085472400708, Lot 06022CBCUCYPLS0708 and 08422CBCUCYPLS0708
- Bourbon Vanilla, UPC 0085472400709, Lot 05622CBCUCYBOV0709 and 08422CBCUCYBOV0709
- Strawberry Rose, UPC 0085472400710, Lot 06022CBCUCYSTR0710
- Blueberry Lavender, UPC 0085472400711, Lot 06122CBCUCYBLL0711 and 07422CBCUCYBLL0711
- Sour Cherry Almond, UPC 0085472400722, Lot 06022CBCUCYSCA0722
- Mango Orange Blossom, UPC 0085472400723, Lot 07422CBCUCYMOB0723
- Peach Cashew, UPC 0085472400725, Lot 06122CBCUCYPCB0725
Culina has issued a voluntary recall of certain yogurt products packaged in glass due to the possibility of glass fragments in certain lots (see above). Impacted Best By dates are 10/21/2022, 10/26/2022, 10/30/2022, 10/31/2022, 11/13/2022 and 11/23/2022. Affected product has been pulled from all three Mississippi Market locations. If you purchased this product, please return it to the co-op for a full refund.
Hepatitis A Outbreak Linked to Strawberries
Affected UPC: 7503018074290
- We were informed of a single case of hepatitis A that was traced back to organic strawberries sold at the co-op on March 21, 2022. Strawberries sold at Mississippi Market were under UPC 7503018074290. If you have this product in your freezer, contact the co-op for disposal info and a full refund. If you think you may have purchased this product or would like more information, please email us at email@example.com or contact your health care provider. Learn more from the Minnesota Department of Health at health.state.mn.us/news/pressrel/2022/hepatitis060122.html.
Recall of Similac Advance Infant Formula with Iron Powder
Affected UPC: 070074559582
- The FDA released an investigation notice regarding an illness outbreak due to Abbott Nutrition Infant Formula. This includes Similac Advance Infant Formula with Iron Powder with a UPC of 070074559582. This began with consumer complaints of Cronobacter sakazakii infections and one report of Salmonella Newport infection in infants due to products produced in Abbott Nutrition’s Sturgis, MI, facility. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at all three Mississippi Market locations. If you purchased this product, please return it to the co-op for a full refund.
Recall of Amy’s Kitchen Vegan Organic Rice Mac & Cheeze
Affected UPC: 042272000432
- Due to potential trace amounts of milk, Amy’s has voluntarily recalled their Vegan Rice Mac & Cheeze with lot code 60-J0421 and sell-by date of October 2023. Affected product has been pulled from our West 7th store, and there is no affected product at our East 7th or Selby locations. Co-op member-owners who purchased the item have been notified. If you purchased this product, please return it to the co-op for a full refund.