While we choose each and every item in our stores with care, we’re not immune to food “issues” either. We have a strict recall procedure in place and will list any of our products that have been recalled here. You can also find active product recalls on the FDA’s recall webpage.
If you are a member-owner and a product you recently purchased is affected by a Class 1 recall, we will call you with a notification. Any recalled product purchased at Mississippi Market should be returned to us for a full refund.
If you suspect you have become ill due to a foodborne illness, we encourage you to visit your health care provider for diagnosis and to report it to the Minnesota Department of Health by calling 1-877-FOOD-ILL, submitting an online Foodborne and Waterborne Illness Report, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. They will notify us so that we can initiate the recall process, if needed.
Recall of Grimmway Farms Bunny Luv Organic Baby Carrots
Affected UPC: 033383902050
- Due to a possible Salmonella contamination, Grimmway Farms has voluntarily recalled 1 lb bags of baby carrots with lot codes 1972020BF and 1972021BF and sell-by dates of Aug. 17, 2021. No illnesses have been reported so far. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at all three Mississippi Market locations, and co-op member-owners have been notified. If you purchased the affected carrots, please return them to the co-op for a full refund.
Recall of Genovese Basil (0271A) Seed Packets
Affected UPC: OG0271-4764
- Seed Savers Exchange has voluntarily recalled some packets of Genovese Basil (0271A) that may have been filled with the incorrect seed. Packets with lot number OG0271-4764 may contain another type of basil mixed in. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at all three Mississippi Market locations. If you’ve purchased this product, please contact Seed Saver’s customer service department via email for replacement packet(s).
Recall of Amy’s Golden Lentil Indian Dal Soup
Affected UPC: 042272005932
- Amy’s Kitchen has voluntarily recalled lot 30F1520 06/2023 of their Golden Lentil soup because low levels of (undeclared) egg protein were identified. Affected product has been pulled from all three Mississippi Market locations.
Recall of Coolhaus Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich
Affected UPC: 851916003490
- Coolhaus has voluntarily recalled certain That Dough Though ice cream sandwiches due to an undeclared soy allergen. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at all three Mississippi Market locations.
Recall of Nature’s Path Organic Mesa Sunrise Cereal
Affected UPC: 0 58449 77901 8
- Nature’s Path has voluntarily recalled some bags of their Mesa Sunrise cereal because they may contain undeclared gluten. This product is still safe to consume for individuals who do not have gluten allergies. Affected product has been pulled from our Selby store, and there is no affected product at our East 7th or West 7th locations.
Recall of KIND Oats & Honey Granola
Affected UPCs: 60265217186-4 and 60265225101-6
- KIND is voluntarily recalling a limited number of Oats & Honey Granola with Toasted Coconut pouches due to the presence of sesame seeds, which is not listed as an ingredient in the product. The label does list sesame seeds under the “May Contain” statement. People who have an allergy or sensitivity to sesame seeds should immediately discontinue use of this product. No allergic reactions have been reported to date. This product may be safely consumed by those who do not have an allergy or sensitivity to sesame seeds. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at all three Mississippi Market locations.
Recall of Evol Cilantro Lime Burrito
Affected UPCs: 10-8-91627-00300-3 and 00-8-91627-00300-6
- Conagra Brands, in cooperation with the USDA, is voluntarily recalling select Evol Cilantro Lime Chicken Burritos due to the potential presence of an undeclared egg allergen. The presence of this undeclared allergen occurred because a limited number of breakfast burritos containing eggs were inadvertently packed into the Evol Cilantro Lime Chicken burrito packaging. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at all three Mississippi Market locations.
Recall of Bob’s Red Mill 13 Bean Soup Mix & Chickpeas
Affected UPCs: Soup mix 039978102515, chickpeas 039978114228
- Bob’s Red Mill has issued voluntary recalls of their 13 Bean Soup Mix and chickpeas due to the potential presence of glyphosate. Affected product has been removed from all Mississippi Market locations.