While we choose each and every item in our stores with care, we’re not immune to food “issues” either. We have a strict recall procedure in place and will list any of our products that have been recalled here. You can also find active product recalls on the FDA’s recall webpage.
If you are a member-owner and a product you recently purchased is affected by a Class 1 recall, we will call you with a notification. Any recalled product purchased at Mississippi Market should be returned to us for a full refund.
If you suspect you have become ill due to a food borne illness, we encourage you to visit your health care provider for diagnosis and to call the Minnesota Department of Health’s hotline at 1-877-FOOD-ILL or email them about your situation. They will notify us so that we can initiate the recall process, if needed.
Recall of Alaffia Fermented Coconut Oil
Affected UPC: 841320107518
- Alaffia has voluntarily recalled their 11 oz. fermented coconut oil due to incorrect labeling. The product used was incorrectly labeled as fermented coconut oil, as it was unrefined virgin coconut oil that was used. There are no health or safety risks associated with this recall. However, the product color and smell may vary from Alaffia’s standard fermented coconut oil product. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at our East 7th and Sleby stores. No affected product was found at our West 7th store.
Recall of Lotus Foods, Inc. Noodle Cups
Affected UPCs: 229251 (Lotus Rice Ramen Brown Rice Miso), 229252 (Lotus Rice Ramen Brown Rice Tomato), 229253 (Lotus Rice Ramen Brown Rice Curry)
- Louts Foods, Inc. has voluntarily recalled three varieties of their Noodle Cups in conjunction with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. There is a potential microwave fire hazard with the packaging of the noodle products. Lotus Foods has received nine reports of the noodle cups sparking or catching fire during microwaving. One injury for a minor burn has been reported. Reported damage has been limited to the noodle cups. Product has been pulled from the shelves of our Selby store. Members who purchased affected product have been contacted.
Recall of MediNatura Inc. Clearlife Sprays & Syrups
Affected UPCs: 787647101863 (Clearlife Reboost Nasal Spray, 0.65oz.), 787647300969 (Clearlife Reboost Throat Spray, 0.68oz), 787647704040 (Clearlife Reboost Cough Syrup, 4.23oz.)
- MediNatura Inc. is voluntarily recalling some production lots of 4 of its OTC aqueous-based products within expiry due to possible microbial contamination. Administration or use of drug products with microbial contamination could potentially result in increased infections that may require medical intervention. To date, MediNatura has not received any reports of illness or injury. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at our West 7th, Selby, and East 7th stores.
Recall of Califia Mocha Cold Brew Coffee
Affected UPC: 124806-852909003503 (sell by date 6/6/2018 to 8/25/2018)
- Califia Farms identified a food safety issue that resulted in the voluntary Class II recall of a limited amount of their 48oz. Mocha Cold Brew Coffee. The assignable root cause has been identified and resolved. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at our East 7th store. No affected product was found at our Selby or West 7th stores.
Recall of Vanilla Almond Breeze Almond Milk
Affected UPC: 054065-41570005621 (sell by date of September 2, 2018)
- HP Hood LLC is voluntarily recalling a limited number of half-gallon (64oz.) cartons of refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk because the product may contain milk, an allergen not listed on the label. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. The product is safe to consume unless you have a milk allergy or sensitivity. To date, there has been only one report of an allergic reaction, which did not require medical treatment or hospitalization. No affected product has been found on the shelves at any Mississippi Market location.
Recall of ACURE Clarifying Acne Glycolic and Zinc Towelettes
Affected UPC: 813424020284
- This recall is being initiated with the knowledge of the Food and Drug Administration and has been initiated due to the discovery of an out of specification result detected during a routine water quality testing at ACURE’s contract manufacturer. ACURE has not received any reports of adverse reactions; however, the company is initiating the voluntary recall in an abundance of caution. Affected product has been removed from the shelves at all three of our stores.
Recall of Herb Pharm Maca Powder
Affected UPC: 090700004521 (expiration 08/2021)
- Herb Pharm has issued a voluntary recall of their 7oz Maca Powder due to an inconsistency in labeling on the product. This withdrawal is die to a labeling error only; it is not being withdrawn for health or safety reasons. Product has been pulled from the shelves at our East 7th and Selby stores; none of the affected product was found at our West 7th store.
Recall of Traditional Medicinals Herbal Tea
- Traditional Medicinals has issued a voluntary recall of two types of their herbal teas, including EveryDay Detox Lemon and Throat Coat Lemon Echinacea. An ingredient within these two products has tested positive for Salmonella in the retained samples at the supplier. Salmonella was not detected in Traditional Medicinals’ own testing of these two products. However, out of an abundance of caution, Traditional Medicinals is recalling them. No illnesses have been reported to date. Traditional Medicinals’ EveryDay Detox Lemon herbal tea has been pulled from the shelves at all three of our stores. Their Throat Coat Lemon Echinacea herbal tea has been pulled from the shelves at our East 7th store and was not found at our Selby or West 7th stores.
- Traditional Medicinals EveryDay Detox Lemon – 3291700197
- Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat Lemon Echinacea – 3291700159
Recall of evanhealy Clay Skin Care Products
- evanhealy has issued a voluntary recall of certain clay skin care products that were found to contain microorganisms at above-acceptable levels. While no quality complaints or reports of adverse reactions on any of these products has been received, as a measure of caution, they have been recalled. Affected product has been removed from our shelves and returns for products purchased are being accepted at our stores. No other evanhealy products have been affected.
- Ayurvedic Face Care Kit – 817835011145
- Blemish Face Care Kit – 817835010391
- Blue Face Care Kit – 817835010384
- Clay Mask Kit – 817835010407
- French Rose Clay – 817835010360
- Green Tea Clay – 817835010377
- Lemongrass Facial Polish – 817835010773
- Rose Face Care Kit – 817835010032
Recall of Izzy’s Maple Nut Ice Cream Pints
Affected UPC: 851115001068
- Izzy’s has issued a voluntary recall of the Maple Nut Ice Cream pints due to cross contact between walnuts and peanuts that may affect those with peanut allergies. No affected product was found at our Selby or East 7th stores. Affected product has been pulled from the shelves at our West 7th store.
Recall of Midwest Northern Nut Products
Affected UPCs: 0002693846723, 0002693849217
- Midwest Northern Nut has issued a voluntary recall of a number of their bulk nut products for mislabeling of undeclared allergens. Affected product, including their Fruit & Nut Mix and Roasted Trail Mix have been pulled from our shelves.