Current opportunities to take action on food justice in Saint Paul
- Sign up for Hunger Solutions action alerts to have ongoing opportunities for action delivered to your inbox.
- Sign a pledge, contact your reps or write a letter to support the Headwaters Community Food and Water Bill.
- Join the Metro Food Justice Network
- Host a food drive focused specifically on healthy food or other needed items. Contact your local food shelf to determine current needs.
- Buy one extra healthier food item on each of your shopping trips and donate to your local food shelf.
- Plant an extra row of produce in your garden to donate.
Volunteer with and support local nonprofits
By donating your time or money to local nonprofits working directly on food justice and land access to BIPOC farmers, you can help change our food system. Below are a few of the many potential nonprofits you can support:
- Appetite for Change
- Dream of Wild Health
- Hmong American Farmers Association
- Mississippi Market’s five partner food shelves
- BrightSide Produce
Disclaimer: These opportunities will be updated regularly and rotate based on needs in our community. The co-op provides these resources for educational purposes only. The content and opinions are representative of the partners listed above. If you have a suggested addition to this page, please email us for consideration.