- Our active demo program is designed to give vendors a promotional time and space within our stores, free of charge, to aid in reaching customers.
- Active demos are staffed sample or demonstration tables on our sales floor during peak shopping times.
- Staffing must be provided by the vendor.
- We provide basic materials for these active demos such as tables and trash cans.
- It is the responsibility of the vendor to bring all products for sampling.
- Only products that are currently carried by Mississippi Market may be sampled in our stores.
Active Demo Time Slots & Scheduling
- To schedule an active demo for any of our store locations, vendors first need to submit a demo request form.
- Vendors and the purchasing managers will work together to schedule dates and times.
- The purchasing manager then notifies department managers and buyers about the upcoming demo, and vendors show up on agreed upon date for sampling.
- Buyers can be contacted directly by vendors to discuss specific product movement.
- We ask that active demo requests are made at least two weeks in advance. This allows our buyers time to order product, ensures communication between departments, and gives vendors the best options for scheduling.
- Active demos are scheduled Wednesdays through Sundays during two time-frames: 11am-2pm or 3-6pm.
- Vendors are welcome to visit two stores on the same day, or each store on separate days. Weekends are always our busiest days and often book in advance.
- For wellness brands and products, our busiest day is always the second Wednesday of every month during our “Wellness Wednesday.” On this day we offer a 10% discount on all supplements and vitamins, and invite wellness vendors in our stores for active demos. All wellness brands are welcome, regardless of whether or not the discount applies to their products.
- Demo slots may be closed on certain days due to events and holidays.
Expectations of Vendors
- Vendors are expected to arrive promptly on their scheduled date and time, with extra time allotted for setup if needed.
- In the event that a demo needs to be rescheduled or cancelled, we ask that vendors contact the purchasing department as soon as possible for alternative arrangements. Repeated cancellations will impact your ability to schedule demos. No-call no-shows will not be invited back into our stores.
- Active demo vendors are expected to maintain common courtesy and respect towards all shoppers and staff. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
- We ask that vendors refrain from personal conversations and cell phone usage during their scheduled time slot.
Please contact our purchasing team with any questions.