- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance butter substitute, divided
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flax milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add chopped apples. Cook 5 -10 minutes, turning occasionally until apples are soft and begin to caramelize. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain quinoa. Add to medium saucepan with 1 1/2 cups of water and salt, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cover, simmering for 10 minutes.
- When quinoa is cooked, remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Add remaining butter, spices, brown sugar and milk, stirring to combine. Fold in apples and enjoy!
Share this Recipe