- 1 cup local Rochdale Farms hand rolled artisan butter
- 2 Equal Exchange fair trade chocolate bars, chopped
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixer bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat them together for 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping sides down as needed.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour. Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Remove cookie dough from mixer and form about ¼ cup into balls. Place on baking sheet about 2” apart. Place remaining dough in fridge until ready to bake.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to continue cooling.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
Adapted from cookiesandcups.com.
Share this Recipe