- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 whole garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 8 whole hard taco shells
- chopped lettuce
- sour cream
- cheddar and monterey jack cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the onions until they start to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin, chili powder, coriander, salt and pepper and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until fully cooked, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Spoon meat into taco shells, add toppings, and serve.
Adapted from lastingredient.com
Share this Recipe