- 10 ounces fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined with the tails removed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add 1 Tbsp butter to a saucepan over medium heat and saute shrimp until pink. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes more. Move shrimp to a bowl and drain pasta.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk until mixed well, about 1-2 minutes. Add minced garlic, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until melted. Add the pasta and shrimp and toss well. Top with fresh basil.
Share this Recipe