- 12 oz dried flageolet beans
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices on a diagonal
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Put all ingredients including 2 tbsp. oil but not the sprigs or parsley in a 4- to 6-qt. slow-cooker. Add 5 cups boiling water and stir.
- Cover and cook until most of liquid is absorbed and beans are very tender, 2 1/4 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 4 1/2 hours on low.
- Stir in 3 Tbsp. parsley. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with more oil.
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Share this Recipe