- 1 cup lentils
- 1/2 large lemon, seeds removed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the lentils, water, lemon half, carrots, oregano, salt and pepper in the slow cooker. Cover and set on low, and cook for 6 hours.
- At 6 hours, take off the lid and stir in the spinach and parsley. Stir for 1 minute to wilt, adjust seasonings and serve.
Share this Recipe