- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 16 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Place oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, and mushrooms. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and water and bring to a boil. Add the dry quinoa, salt and pepper cook on low for 25 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked. Serve warm!
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com.
Share this Recipe