- 1 8 oz. pkg tempeh or extra-firm tofu, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 lb. broccoli, chopped into florets
- 3 Tbsp. white miso paste
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1-2 tsp. pure maple syrup, to taste
- sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- cooked rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso paste, ginger, garlic, orange zest, vinegar, sesame oil, orange juice, and maple syrup.
- In a large bowl, toss cubed tempeh or tofu with a few tablespoons of sauce. Spread tempeh or tofu in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 12 minutes.
- Give the tempeh or tofu a stir and push to one side of the baking sheet to make space for broccoli. Add broccoli, drizzling with a little sauce if desired, and put pan back in the oven to continue cooking for 10-15 more minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from oven and drizzle on remaining sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from simple-veganista.com.
This recipe is from Mississippi Market's Plant-Based Recipe Club — a great way to get more plants on your plate!
Share this Recipe