- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe, pureed persimmons
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well.
- Add the pureed persimmons and water.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to batter along with the nuts, if using.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake at 350° F for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
Recipe courtesy of epersimmons.com.
Share this Recipe