- 8 oz spaghetti
- 3-4 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine or water
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp parmesan, shredded for garnish
- In a large pot bring 6-8 cups of water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan and add shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red wine or water and bring to a light simmer, then add tomatoes.
- Cook 5-10 minutes, then add fresh herbs until wilted.
- Once pasta is cooked through, drain and return to pot, add cooked tomato and herb mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with Parmesan.
Adapted from thekitchn.com
Share this Recipe