- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and shredded
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- salt, to taste
Aji Verde Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup plain plant-based yogurt
- 1 small jalepeño*
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- a pinch of salt
- La Perla corn tortillas
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn, sliced off the cob
- pickled red onions
- other toppings, if desired: plant-based cheese, tomatoes, etc.
- lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Put all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add kale and sauté 1-2 minutes, then add beans, enchilada sauce, chipotle powder and smoked paprika. Season with salt to taste. Simmer 3-5 minutes, or until kale is tender and mixture has thickened and come together.
- Warm the tortillas under the broiler, on the grill, or give them a quick char on a gas stove burner.
- Fill tortillas with the beans and greens. Drizzle with aji verde sauce and top tacos with pickled onions, fresh corn, a squeeze of lime, and other toppings like fresh tomatoes or your favorite plant-based cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from pinchofyum.com.
*For a spicy aji verde sauce, use the whole jalapeño with seeds. For a mild version, remove seeds before adding the pepper to the blender/food processor.
Learn how to make pickled onions here!
This recipe is from Mississippi Market's Plant-Based Recipe Club — a great way to get more plants on your plate!
Share this Recipe