- 1 large sweet potato, cubed and roasted
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- mixed greens, for serving
- sliced avocado, for serving
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. agave or maple syrup
- 1 pinch of smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray).
- Wash, peel and chop the sweet potato into ½-inch cubes.
- Place sweet potatoes on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and season with salt, pepper and cumin to taste. Toss with hands until each cube is well-coated. Roast for 40 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, cook your quinoa, drain and rinse the black beans and corn, and chop the vegetables.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and whisk or shake to combine. Set aside.
- Put cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, corn, black beans, red onion, bell pepper and cilantro in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon the quinoa blend over mixed salad greens, top with sliced avocado, and enjoy!
This recipe is from Mississippi Market's Plant-Based Recipe Club — a great way to get more plants on your plate!
Share this Recipe