- 2 ½ cups bulk raw nuts (such as walnuts, pecans, almonds and cashews)
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ Tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Add the mixed nuts, brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne to a large bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a small saucepan set over medium-low heat. When warm, add in the rosemary and thyme and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Pour the mixture into the bowl of nuts and mix until everything is evenly coated. Spread the mixture out on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are toasted and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely (the coating will dry as it cools). Store nuts in an airtight container for up to four days.
Adapted from cooknourishbliss.com.
Be sure to use raw nuts, not ones that have already been roasted, seasoned or salted.
These make a wonderful addition to cheese boards and can even be given as a gift!
Share this Recipe