- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package mini sweet peppers, or 1 each green and red pepper
- 2 14oz. cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 15oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot. Sauté onion for a few minutes, then add garlic and peppers. Cook until onions are translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, quinoa, beans, vegetable broth, and spices. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Serving ideas: Top with sliced avocado, green onions, sour cream, or cheddar cheese!
Share this Recipe