- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour (use gluten-free if needed)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened flax milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 3 medium red potatoes, diced
- 4 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir until smooth. Add the broth, flax milk, and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and continue to simmer until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast and salt and pepper. Allow soup to cool slightly, and then use an immersion blender to break up some of the texture.
Share this Recipe