- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- bread, lettuce and other desired toppings for serving
- Add drained chickpeas to a large bowl. Mash half with a fork or potato masher.
- Add drained cannellini beans and continue mashing, until about 75% of the bean mixture is mashed. You'll want to leave some chickpeas and cannellini beans whole for texture.
- Add celery, grapes, almonds and green onions.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together mayo, mustard, vinegar and maple syrup. Add to the chickpea mixture.
- Stir the chickpea salad with a large spoon until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix again.
- Serve cold, spread between two slices of your favorite bread. If desired, add toppings like lettuce, sliced cucumber or alfalfa sprouts. Enjoy!
Also delicious in a tortilla or with crackers!
This recipe is from Mississippi Market's Plant-Based Recipe Club — a great way to get more plants on your plate!
Share this Recipe