- 8 oz. wild rice
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Bring 5 cups water to a boil. Stir in rice, then reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 40 minutes, or until rice begins to pop. Drain excess liquid from rice and set aside.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until they have released their liquid and are golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add white wine to deglaze the pan, and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated but mushrooms are still moist.
- Mix mushrooms into prepared rice and season again with salt and pepper.
Share this Recipe