- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 3/4 lb. chicken thighs, sliced into 1 oz pieces
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pick through lentils for any stones and rinse in large colander.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add oil and onions, cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, curry powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add lentils to the pot and stir in 3 cups of water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender and most liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large pot, combine rice and 3 cups of water and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until water is fully absorbed and rice is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Season rice and lentils with salt & pepper to taste. Once both components are cooked, serve lentils over rice and garnish with cilantro and yogurt. Enjoy!
Adapted from cleaneatingmag.com
Share this Recipe