- 2 acorn squash 1.25lb or less, halved & deseeded
- 2 large apples
- 2 medium Golden Beets, skinned & cubed
- 2.5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tsp. steak or meat rub seasoning
- Preheat oven to broil to 525.
- Cut Acorn Squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place on rimmed cookie sheet with reusable parchment paper. Drizzle with 1.5 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Chop apples. Set aside. Peel beets and chop. Combine apples and beets on cookie sheet. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil. Toss with brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Broil squash and beet and apple combination for 30-35 minutes depending on your preference for squash texture (longer cooking will give squash a smoother texture).
- In a fry pan over medium heat, sauté turkey and seasoning. Once cooked, add roasted beets and apples with ½ cup water to the meat mixture. Saute for a few minutes and scoop into squash halves.
Share this Recipe